"Serving the County of Wise, the City of Norton, and the Towns of Appalachia, Big Stone Gap, Coeburn, Pound, St. Paul, and Wise."
Camp Bethel rests on 165 beautiful, wooded acres and is located at 9050 Camp Bethel Road in Wise, Virginia. In addition to the Whispering Pines Family Campground, Camp Bethel rents the following cabins:
- Betwixt - Contains six rooms. The upstairs has three rooms--the two outside rooms sleep 9 each and the middle room sleeps 13. The downstairs has two rooms that sleep 9 each and a medium-sized conference room. Each sleeping room has its own bathroom containing two toilets and two showers. Total beds-49.
- Beyond - Each of the two upstairs rooms sleep 7. Two downstairs rooms each sleep 9. There is a small common room downstairs. Total beds-32.
- Between - Two stories each sleeps 13. Total beds-26.
- Centennial - Downstairs sleeps 11 and has a fireplace. Upstairs sleeps 7. Total beds-18.
- Lodge - Upstairs sleeps 15 and has two toilets and one shower. Building also houses the camp store and a meeting room with a fireplace. Total beds-15.
- Yon - First floor sleeps 13 and has a fireplace. The upstairs sleeps 11. Total beds-24.
- Hither - The upstairs sleeps 10. The downstairs sleeps 11 and has a fireplace.
- Thither - This single story sleeps 11 and has a fireplace. Total beds-11.
Camp Bethel also features Journey's End, a two-story, four-bedroom bed and breakfast which is available for individuals, couples, and small groups.
For more information, please call Camp Bethel at 1-800-359-4049 or 276-328-6876. You may also e-mail Camp Bethel at email@example.com.
Nestled in the Jefferson National Forest (a bird watchers and star gazers paradise) along with wild life and a breathtaking view of the mountains is a quaint two bedroom cottage.
- Queen Bed
- Single Bed
- Air Conditioning
- Washer & Dryer
- 2 Gas Fire Places
- 1 Big Screen TV/ 2 DVD's/Cable
- Large Jacuzzi
- Full Kitchen (cooking utensils provided)
- Gas Grill/2 Fire Pits
- Large Front Porch
- Telephones/High Speed Internet
- 2 Rock Gardens
Activities on site or nearby include: Fishing (near lake), Hiking, Hunting (during season), Bird Watching, Star Gazing, Boating, Biking, and Horseback Riding.
No Pets/ No Smoking. Cleaning Fee of $75 not included in rate.
Directions from Norton, VA:
Take 58 East to intersection at Tacoma, turn right on Stone Mountain Rd., go straight up the mountain, turn left at Edith Gap Rd. (Rt. 706), stay on paved road until it turns to gravel. Approximately 15 miles from Norton, VA.
For rates and information, please call Marla Buchanan, 276-467-1011.